Friday, February 16, 2007

Just Digging Around

Today's findings on digg.com

Vintage Audio:
Chrysler's in-car phonograph
more about the 1950's genius idea (more pitures too)

Travel Links which reveal that I am:
a> frugal: How to Vacation at Home
b> anal: Packing for Travel

The very pretty Table of Malcontents:
It ranks #1 on google for the term "malcontents". The article examines linkology and describes the relationship of "professional regurgitators" (boing boing) to the "amateurs" (http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/).
The dictionary.com definition of malcontent is "a chronically dissatisfied person" and implies that this article portrays blogs as "dissatisfied with existing conditions". I tend to find more blogs that are excited about things - satisfied. These blogs are probably just "amateurs". If they want to be popluar they'll have to get a more "dissatisfied" quality of life. Examining the content of poplular blogs, you'll see that you need a fascination with modern celebrities and gadgets to become "dissatisfied". I think that the true test of your malcontent is to think about unexisting conditions (a world without celebrities and gadgets) and be completly satisfied.

Marketing Related:
Marketing On Myspace has posed many questions for me. If fake blogs are "flogs", what are fake myspace profiles? "frofiles"? And, where can i get a "mass friend adder" that doesn't make me look desperate?

{Ooooo, me! me!
Ok, back to working on my "figg" (fake digg account, duh).

NtS>Upload floppy with favorites from 1996 to del.icio.us.

No comments: