Thursday, March 08, 2007

The arguement for Horizontal Stripes in Web Design

I like horizontal stripes. I will always like them. I don't get to wear 1950's ties with horizontal stripes which I think are neat so I have to find another way to incorporate them into my life. The obvious place would be my work which has this view towards horizontal stripes: "the most overused visual device in contemporary interactive design". If you actually read the article by no substance. all eloquence., you would know that is just an opinion and not some kind of fact. The article is well written and innevitably ends up stating that "the stripes enhance layout contrast ". This article tries to exemplify the importance of understanding why something is a good design choice or not.

Is this my excuse to keep using them cause I think they are cute? No, but I now understand their power. If I think more about why I'm using them and how they relate to the rest of the design, that might be the real deterent. I also now understand why so many people dislike them. "They view popularity as overuse".

Here's a tutorial on making diagonal stripes - use it wisely.

I love people who are learning, inspired, and still happy about design, not so hateful.

Resources:
no substance. all eloquence.

No comments: